Welcome to Pre-school Themes
to Pre-school themes where planning and preparation is
made easy. Each theme manual contains lessons and activities
for the 3-6 year olds which are aligned to the subjects
and content, concepts and skills for the Curriculum and
Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) with integration for
Each of the 43 theme books contains all the lesson
plans, activities, creative activities with diagrams,
templates, rhymes and songs and resources that you will
need to bring the theme alive in your classroom.
An added advantage is that these books are written
for the South African market so the many cultures and
traditions are honoured.
Each theme book contains the following:
For more information on each theme, please use the
links on the left hand side.
- Theme table ideas
- Theme table heading and words
- A weekly lesson planning grid
- A weekly play area planning grid
- Templates and pictures
- Educational toys and resources to make
- Each lesson is written out in full listing the requirements
you need for each activity and how to present the
lesson or activity
- Each theme includes language discussions, creative
activities, music and movement, rhymes and songs,
drama, games, mathematics and stories.
- Each lesson is linked to the outcomes for the Grade
R teachers with integration